Rokkan is a place where modern strategic thinkers thrive. We look for those who have helped help clients imagine a more exciting future for their brands, and have the demonstrated the skills to make it happen.
As both visionaries and doers, strategists at Rokkan are expected to recognize patterns (through market research, performance analytics, customer insights, social listening), have a strong and defensible point of view, and monitor results.
The Senior Strategist at Rokkan defines the overall vision for the brand—depending on the engagement this may be at a brand communication level or specifically across social and digital. Main areas of focus are understanding insight, brand planning, social platform knowledge, and community management. They are considered a thought leader in the organization and are sought out for their point of view on brands, people and culture.
This role is a true hybrid of what would be called a Digital Strategist and a Brand Planner.
• Develop creative briefs that inform and inspire teams
• Lead and activate the social and digital strategies for specific client(s).
• Develop strong internal and client relationships.
• Clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences.
• Gather data and research to support recommendations, using proprietary and third-party tools as necessary.
• Keep a pulse on owned and competitive channels, but also analyze data and intelligence from blogs, tweets, online conversations.
• Explore ideas with new content formats/distribution.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 5+ years working in a combination of brand strategy and social media.
• Highly entrepreneurial and proactive around existing client needs and new opportunities.
• History of pitching and winning business from new and existing clients.
• Demonstrated ability to both set a vision and bring it to life.
• Outstanding skills as a communicator and storyteller.
• Experience using third-party listening and reporting tools.
• Passion and proficiency in existing & emerging digital platforms
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and evidence of their application to solving strategic brand problems.
• Partner and counselor to creative teams in the development of award winning work.