Financial Planning & Analysis – Anticipate risks and initiate actions to achieve financial objectives
- Prepare the annual business plan, taking into account business initiatives and financial targets
- Analyze actual performance against key benchmarks and highlight to management any areas requiring action
- Prepare rolling forecasts as needed to maintain visibility on full year financial performance
Financial Operations – Work with business unit management to maximize profitability and optimize functioning of the BU
- Provide financial counsel to management to assess financial risk/benefit of operational initiatives and actions
- Provide “what if” analysis to management, with corresponding financial impact
- Assist management and account teams with development of commercial pricing (ie, functional hourly rates, piece rates, value at risk pricing models, etc) and support by working and dealing directly with clients (large clients / rsiks)
- Ensure that all contracts (current and future) are legally and financially sound; this involves the ability to defend the interests of the agency when dealing with procurements, suppliers, clients and prospects
- Provide operational analysis to management (ie client profitability, capacity management, etc)
- Liaise with Shared Service Center for key operational areas (ie, Real Estate, Supplier Procurement, Legal, Treasury, etc)
Financial Reporting – Ensure that monthly reporting is performed accurately, completely and timely
- Review transactional accounting performed by Shared Service Center accounting department
- Perform all subjective areas of financial reporting, particularly revenue recognition and provisions for risks & charges
- Ensure that all financial reporting is performed in according with Publicis Groupe Corporate Policies and Procedures (“Janus”)
- Ensure performance of and compliance with Financial Monitoring Controls
- Perform monthly analysis and submit reports to BU, Regional and Global management
Global Client specific management – Provide an exceptional client experience and ensure that client finance matters are managed appropriately and fairly
- Lead the development and negotiation of one client contract and compensation agreements with minimal supervision, ensuring that key contractual requirements are addressed and included; serve as key point of contact with the internal legal team during contract negotiations involving the client portfolio.
- Partners with agencies Finance teams and Client Lead to develop pricing strategy and prepare pricing proposals. Work closely with PCNA and Publicis Groupe finance teams to ensure consistent methodology.
- Partner with Client Lead to develop and implement strategies to develop annual client plan in alignment with strategy and growth targets
- Be responsible for the monthly revenue recognition and client profitabilty
- Support the financial and contractual components of new business efforts
- Partner with Client Lead to maintain expert and fluid knowledge of client’s business models, contractual arrangements, key strengths, and opportunities. Continually advise business partners and finance leadership on issues within the client portfolio that impact the business, escalating as necessary.
- Serve as the primary senior day-to-day interface with finance and procurement contacts at client, acting as a single finance point of contact both internally and externally for client portfolio.
- Lead the management of commercial client audit and other client -driven initiatives.
- Work with agencies’ management to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Work closely on compensation methodology, client contracts, client profitability analysis and implementation of consistent processes and methodologies with PCNA finance team
Span of Control – Reporting Relationships
- Reports directly to the agencies’ CDO
- Functional responsibility to the divisional CFO at PCNA
- Manages two agencies’ finance team and be the finance lead for one global client
- Works in close collaboration with agencies’ Senior Management team and Account Management team